Monday, September 21, 2009

Girls Night Out

Last night, my mom, Leightyn, and I had a girls night out. When we got home from church, I told Leightyn that she was going on a surprise trip and needed to rest for a few hours until it was time to go. Of course, she was asking every five minutes "where are we going", "is it time to go", "what's my surprise". Leightyn and I finally left the house around 9 pm. The plan was to make a quick trip to Walmart for some diapers and then off to the movies to watch "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 3D".

When we pulled in to the theater, Leightyn started squealing and clapping her hands. She was "so excited to go to the movies and get popcorn, and candy, and coke". Jo arrived shortly after us and Leightyn began the squealing again. She talked a mile a minute on the way inside the theater. When we got to the snack bar, Leightyn decided on a kids snack box (popcorn, fruit snacks, and a drink) along with some Twizzlers ("cause my daddy likes these"). Leightyn loved the movie. Watching a 3D movie is a whole new experience. My mom and I wore the glasses but they were huge on Leightyn. She did her best to keep them on the entire time but towards the end she said they were to heavy to wear. The movie was ok but not as great as the book. The majority of the story line had nothing to do with the book......but Leightyn still loved it.

It was a great late night out with my mom and Leightyn. I love going to the late movies and having the theaters to ourselves. Leightyn loves going because she knows that she should already be in bed. We plan on keeping these late nights going as often as we can. My mom and I are going to take advantage of these nights before Leightyn starts school next fall.



Showing off her 3D glasses and free movie goodies



Snacking before the movie

Enjoying the movie

No comments: