Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Family Gender Reveal

Last Tuesday, we had our 20 week ultrasound for Baby Holmes. After much debate, Landen and I decided to find out what this baby would be. We really wanted to have a gender reveal party but with different scheduling conflicts, we decided that it wouldn't be possible. So, we quickly had to think of another way to announce Baby Holmes. A quick trip to Sams, some markers, a hair straightener, and many hours later, our announcements were ready to be mailed. We loved the idea of family and friends getting something in the mail that they could also enjoy. I have to admit that it was very hard not to give in and tell them many people that were persistent with wanting me to just tell them instead of waiting.

The outside of the announcement. 
I carefully opened each bar and placed a pink paper inside. So, instead of a golden ticket, everyone got a pink slip
I carefully used my straightener to seal the package back up.

Off to the post office to be delivered.

No comments: