Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tulsa Happenings #5

We love going to Tulsa since the town as so much more to offer than Fort Smith. I have seen several websites that advertised "bounce houses" in Tulsa. My mom and I decided to take the girls for a morning of bouncing and sliding. We loaded up and followed the directions being told by Gertrude (the GPS lady).

We arrived at the first bounce house only to discover that it was closed and had been closed for a while. (You would think their website would announce they have closed). So, we went back to the list I found on the Internet and began calling for directions. After calling 3-4 bounce houses, we discovered they were ALL closed!!!!

We headed back to the hotel to (once again) go back through the phone book looking for fun. I called a local inflatable store and was told to go to "Bounce House of Broken Arrow". We got their phone number and directions and headed off on our way. According to the GPS, we were only 9.7 miles from our destination. We followed the directions being given by Gertrude (the GPS lady). When we arrived at our final destination........it was a neighborhood! Gertrude had taken us to some one's house. I called Landen to confirm the address. We went back a few blocks and began the search again. After 2 hours of driving (remember....we were only 9.7 miles from our hotel), and several stops asking where the bounce house was located....we FINALLY found our destination.

Leightyn and Mylea were super excited to FINALLY be somewhere fun. When we pulled up, mom and I just laughed and laughed. The lady on the phone had informed us that they were located in an old building that was now FULL of inflatables and slides. My personal opinion is that they need to change the description of their business. The Bounce House consisted of 4 bounce around and 2 slides. The slides were inside the bounce arounds and were not longer than 3 feet.

We walked in and Leightyn's first response was "Oh Jo....I can't believe my eyes"! She thought this place was the best thing EVER! Jo responded "I can't believe my eyes either!". Of course, her excitement was more of a "you're got to be kidding me"!!!!!!

Oh well....the girls had a blast!







No comments: