Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Been Almost A Month....Wow

I didn't realize that it has been almost a month since I last wrote. We have been busy busy busy. We have spent the last four weekends in Waldron. For those who hadn't heard....Grannie Holmes had a massive stroke the middle of July. She went home on August 20. It was hard to see her in the bed there but not really there. We all know that she is in a better place now. Leightyn went to visit her several times (we told her that Grannie has a belly ache and a was sleeping to feel better). One weekend she asked me if Grannie was mad at her and I said "no....why?". She said "well, I talk to her and sing to her and she won't talk back...so she is mad or really sleepy". I went with the really sleepy answer. So that next trip to the hospital, Leightyn took her library books. She told me that she "needed to read to Grannie because when she is sleepy she likes mommy to read books and it will help Grannie sleep better". I must say that it was very sweet to see Lei up next to the bed reading books and singing Jesus Loves Me to Grannie.

No comments: