Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Welcome Landry Lei Holmes

This post is nearly two weeks overdue......but hey, better late than never. I have about 12 posts I need to get published so be prepared for Holmes News in abundance.
On Tuesday, January 10th, I had a regular scheduled weekly Dr. appointment with Rainwater. As I drove to her office, I was on the phone with WeWe. We were both joking that maybe today would be the day to finally have this baby and that just maybe Rainwater would take one look at me and send me straight to Labor and Delivery. Now, we both knew that this wasn't going to happen but it sure was wishful thinking!

When it came time for my appointment, Rainwater asked how I was feeling. I told her that I had reached my point of no return and that I was done. It was time to have this baby and one more week of waiting seemed like forever. We had already scheduled with the hospital to be induced on January 17th. To my surprise, she asked if we wanted to go home and come back tonight and have the baby. I really thought she was just joking with us. But she wasn't!! She said that my blood pressure and swelling were up some from the previous week. It was nothing to worry about, but it was enough to get the hospital to approve an induction at 38 weeks. So, Landen and I left the Dr. appointment really shocked that we would be having a baby the next day. Landen returned to work and I ran a few errands before picking up Mylea Jo.

That evening, I went to Bible Study and Landen took Mylea on a daddy/daughter date. Mylea was super excited that the baby would finally be coming. We all made it back home in time to do our family Bible Study and prayer time before taking Mylea to Jo and Grandad's to spend the night. Landen and I hung out at the house taking it easy until about 1am. We then loaded up the car seat and bags and headed to the hospital.

The drive to St. Edwards was really surreal. We were fixing to have a baby! What had we gotten ourselves in to? A baby? It has been four years since we have had a baby in the house! We finalized the names for a boy and a girl. We talked about what we thought it would be. We wondered how it would be different from the previous two. We made guesses at what time the baby would be born. It was a real moment pulling in to the hospital knowing that when we left, we would be leaving with a baby.

After checking in and getting things started, we were on our own until about 6am when the nurse began the poticin. Rainwater came in around 8:oo and said that she had a scheduled surgery and wanted to wait and break my water after her surgery. She didn't want to miss finding out if it was a boy or girl. The plan was to break my water around 9:00 and the thought the baby would make it's grand appearance around lunchtime. So, we just hung out until Rainwater finished her surgery. 9:00 came and went. 10:00 came and went. 11:00 came and Rainwater was out of surgery. Finally it was time to get this show on the road.

Everything continued normal and our super wonderful nurse believed that we would have a baby between 3:00 and 4:00. Well, 4:0o came and there was still no baby. Two epidurals had quit working and I made the comment "lets just have a c-section, cut me open and pull this baby out". The comment was made as a joke, but Rainwater decided that things weren't progressing like they should so it was time for a c-section. I was relieved! At this point, I was done! Finally, at 6:12pm, a sweet little girl came in to our lives.

Landry Lei Holmes
January 11, 2012
8 lbs 3 ozs
21 inches


A GIRL!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I was hoping and praying for a little girl, but was prepared for a little boy. I would have loved to have seen and heard the reaction in the waiting room when Landen and Mylea announced "It's A Girl".

No comments: